Thursday, October 28, 2010

Psychic Boyfriend

Hi blog! Long time no write!

I just posted this on Roger Ebert's blog, blog, and I put a bit of time into it so I just wanted to copy it here. It's not a made up story. It's the truth.

* * *

By Chris LS on October 28, 2010 9:25 PM

You don't know me and you'll probably doubt me, but I swear this to be true.

When I was 18, my first love was working a few hundred miles away and our on again/off again relationship was off again. I still lived at home, but a friend & I were camping out at a 3-day music festival. I met a guy there & invited him to come over to our campsite. It was a Saturday night. We had the radio on and we were talking and had just started kissing when I noticed very particularly, like a worm had just crawled in my ear, that the DJ said something about it being "straight up 12 o'clock midnight." I didn't think much of it at the time, and some serious kissing was as serious as things got.

When I got home after the festival, my mom told me that my ex-boyfriend had called many, many times. It wasn't long before he called again. His immediate question to me: "Where were you Saturday night at midnight?" I told him I was at the festival with my friend, but left out the part about the guy and the kissing. He was very insistent to know if I had been with someone else. I repeatedly told him no. He told me that he had been asleep and had woken up screaming at exactly midnight and absolutely knew that I was with someone else. I don't know if I ever told him the truth, which seems very unfair now.

Apparently, that wasn't his only psychic experience. He and his mom had both told me how, when he was a child, he had once woken up screaming because he knew that his older sister had been in a car accident. His mom had tried to calm him down, but it turned out he was right. Since I didn't know him then, I can't verify their story.

Anyway, the reason I wrote all this & the point I'm trying to make: I absolutely guarantee that my first boyfriend had some kind of psychic ability that wasn't due to some ability to "read" me. Like I said, he was hundreds of miles away and I probably hadn't even talked to him for a few weeks or so before what happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment